Tribute to Mr. Orwell


    George Orwell, which was actually his pen name, was an English writer during the first half of the twentieth century. He was a journalist and novelist who wrote about politics and linguistics. Though you might not recognise his name, you might be aware of a term that he influenced. Terms like "Thought Police" and "Big Brother" were from his novel 1984 and became popular terms in common language.
   As a writer, he is a great inspiration to me. I've read Animal Farm and 1984, both of which he's written and both of which I will treasure in my heart. Though I say that I treasure them in my heart, they are not warm and cuddle. Both left me devastated at the end. To me, though. that's part of their charm because it is marveling how the they were so deeply moving. I've also read a few of his essays. One that I particularly enjoyed was "Why I Write".  As the title implies, the essay is about how he feels about being a writer. 
   He was a very talented man, who's works will remain classics.  So if anyone is looking for a new book to read, and if you haven't already, give one of Mr. Orwell's writings a try. 
  

No comments: